Why Hashtag is important for Social Media Engagement?
Hashtag is a word preceded by the # symbol. The word means product or service-related keywords. Here, you can find out what “hashtag” means and how you use these very important tools to help people find your posts. Additionally, you can use them to find posts that you are interested in reading. A successful social media marketing strategy requires careful hashtag promotion and engagement with users.
How to write Hashtag :
- Always use the # symbol before chosen keywords.
- Don’t use any special symbols and spaces in the hashtag.
- Don’t string too many words together.
- Use letters and numbers, never numbers alone. Using all numbers like #5 will not generate a positive search but #Top5movie will.
Hashtag is a great way to connect with others, improve the searchability of your posts, gain followers, and grow your own community.
The following way of hashtag you can use for your business:
- Hashtags indicating your product or service, like #Bru or #coffeeshop
- Hashtags indicating your niche in your industry, like #weddingphotographer or #brandingdesigner,
- Hashtags for Instagram communities in your industry, like #bakersofinstagram
- Hashtags using locations, like #tamilnadu, #india
- Hashtags with phrases relevant to what you do, like #becreative or #bakerylove
Benefits of using the Hashtag
- An Opportunity to Build your Brand
- Help your Target Audience Find you.
- Increased Engagement with your Followers
An Opportunity to Build your Brand
A branded hashtag is a hashtag that’s unique to your company when using Instagram for business. It can be as simple as your company name, tagline, or the name of one of your products or campaigns. Or it can be a hashtag that has nothing to do with your brand name but everything to do with your brand identity. Creating a branded hashtag can be an effective way to promote your business and drive conversation.
Help your Target Audience Find you.
When you use the hashtag, your posts become searchable by anyone on that platform. Many people search specific hashtags, so by using hashtags that are of interest to your ideal customer, you increase the chances of being found.
Increased Engagement with your Followers
Including hashtag in your posts means taking part in a conversation happening on that social media platform. And most importantly, it makes your posts visible in that conversation. This can lead to greater engagement, boosting your Brand’s social media engagement through likes, shares, comments, and new followers.